1 (3-pound) Head cauliflower, cut into large florets
3 TBL(1/2 stick) Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
3 TBL All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups Whole Milk
¼ tsp Grated Nutmeg
1 ¼ Cups Bellwether Farms Blackstone Cheese, Grated(semi-firm Alpine style cheese)
¼ Cup Bread Crumbs
1. Pre- heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat up the whole milk in a medium sized sauce pan
3. Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain, and let sit to dry on towels.
4. In a separate medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Carefully pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir with a whisk until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened.
5. Take the mixture off the heat, add salt and the nutmeg, and 1 cup of the Blackstone cheese.
6. Evenly spray an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of the pan, place the cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining ¼ cup of Blackstone cheese and sprinkle on top.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.