Apple & Quince Layer
3 apples, cored, cut into thick wedges
3 quince, cored, cut into thick wedges
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup granulated or light brown sugar
3 Tbsp Cuvée 20
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1. Cook apple and quince layer ingredients together in a large sauce pan until just tender, about 30 mins.
2. Use either a 9x9” square or 10” round baking dish. Spray dish with cooking spray, lay down a layer of parchment and then spray parchment.
3. Lay tender apples and quince out in the pan evenly. Ensure to pour all remaining sauce over the apples and quince.
4. Make the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer on high.
5. Once light and fluffy, add vanilla and eggs one at a time with the mixer on medium to low. Increase speed to high until fully mixed and a light yellow color.
6. Whisk flour and baking powder in a separate bowl until combined.
7. Alternate adding 1/3 of the flour mixture with 1/2 of the milk until all ingredients are incorporated. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, or about 40-45 mintues. Let cool on the rack in the pan, about 20 minutes.
8. Once cooled, flip onto a plate or platter and serve.